Frequently asked questions about pitching and submitting to BeYAH Fitness Blogs.
What should I write about?
Here are some of the best editorial guidelines for blogs. Our posts cover all about Health, fitness, nutrition, healthy eating for weight loss, health hacks and tips, Nigerian recipes, holistic nutrition, and research-based medical tips for living a healthy life for Nigerians.
Here are some topics we’d love to publish more about:
- How to lose weight by cultivating healthy habits; Share successful posts and experiences if you can (With individual’s permission if possible) We prefer medical journals when it comes to health articles but for nutrition and recipes it’s a free world but make it interesting.
- Nigerian recipes
- Detox recipes
- Recipes for weight loss
- Hacks to stay healthy
- How to make fitness a lifestyle.
- How to lose weight for Nigerians.
- How to use nutrition to live longer and fit. etc
Tips for a perfect piece for BeYAH Fitness Blogs.
- Please write in the “you” voice as much as possible, then support your advice with medical resources or personal experience, or stories.
- All Posts should be written in blog style, with short paragraphs, numbered lists, bullets, and lots of white space.
Include sub-headings, we appreciate clearly defined work (we love to use H2 and H3!)
- Only one space between sentences, please!
- How should I submit my post?
- Please submit your post as a Google document.
We use Google Docs because it allows us to easily collaborate with several people without passing around new versions of a Word Doc. If you’ve never shared a Google Doc before, here’s an opportunity to do some research to learn more about this. It’s easy!
Tip: It’s best to create your post/blog as a Google Doc, rather than uploading a Word Doc to Google. Sometimes if you take the latter route, we can’t edit even if you tell the doc to allow us to do so.
How long should my posts be?
Aim for 800-1,000 or more words. From time to time, we’ll publish longer pieces, and if that’s the case, we’ll let you know.
Can I write for your blog?
Yes. BeYAH Fitness allows you to submit niche related contents and will give you credit but we don’t like the content to be submitted anywhere else.
Will I Claim the post as mine once published?
Yes. It is yours, you’re a guest at BeYAH Fitness and you have the right to say it should be removed if you want it removed.
Can I repost my submission on my blog?
No. If we run your post on BeYAH Fitness, we retain the rights to that content. We don’t allow republishing on your own blog or any other website. (Did you know reposting content can hurt SEO traffic results for everyone involved? We try to keep it tidy around here.)
P.s Content should be fact-checked and backed up with proper science-based links as health is involved. We want messages here to be TRUE. You might have an interesting opinion to share but we might likely not publish them. If we love your contents, we will reach out to you for more information about being a guest on our site.
If everything seems alright here, you’ve read our editorial guidelines for blogs to your heart’s content. You’re ready to submit!