Frequently asked questions about pitching and submitting to BeYAH Fitness Blogs.
What should I write about?
Here are some of the best editorial guidelines for blogs. Our posts cover all about Health, fitness, nutrition, healthy eating for weight loss, health hacks and tips, Nigerian recipes, holistic nutrition and research-based medical tips towards living a healthy life for Nigerians.
Here are some topics we’d love to publish more about:
- How to lose weight by cultivating healthy habits; Share successful posts and experiences if you can (With their permission if possible) We prefer medical journals when it comes to health articles but for nutrition and recipes its a free world but make it interesting.
- Nigerian recipes
- Detox recipes
- Recipes for weight loss
- Hacks to stay healthy
- How to make fitness a lifestyle.
- How to lose weight for Nigerians.
- How to use nutrition to live longer and fit. etc
Tips for a perfect piece for BeYAH Fitness Blogs.
- Please write in the “you” voice as much as possible, then support your advice with medical resources or personal experience or stories.
- All Posts should be written in blog style, with short paragraphs, numbered lists, bullets and lots of white space.
Include sub-headings, we appreciate a clearly defined work (we love to use H2 and H3!)
- Only one space between sentences, please!
- How should I submit my post?
- Please submit your post as a Google document.
We use Google Docs because it allows us to easily collaborate with several people without passing around new versions of a Word Doc. If you’ve never shared a Google Doc before, here’s an opportunity to do some research to learn more on this. It’s easy!
Tip: It’s best to create your post/blog as a Google Doc, rather than uploading a Word Doc to Google. Sometimes if you take the latter route, we can’t edit even if you tell the doc to allow us to do so.
How long should my posts be?
Aim for 800-1,000 words. From time to time, we’ll publish longer pieces, and if that’s the case, we’ll let you know.
Do you pay?
Yes. BeYAH Fitness pays our writers.
Will I Claim the post as mine once published?
No. You’re Ghostwriting. Your job is to produce the content and you will have no claim over the written content once accepted by BeYAH Fitness.
Can I repost my submission on my blog?
No. If we run your post on BeYAH Fitness, we retain the rights to that content. We don’t allow republishing on your own blog or any other website. (Did you know reposting content can hurt SEO traffic results for everyone involved? We try to keep it tidy around here.)
If everything seems alright here, you’ve read our editorial guidelines for blogs to your heart’s content. You’re ready to submit!